Yield: Serves 4
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled pearl onions
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the seasoning, pepper and salt.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil over medium high heat and brown pork chops on both sides. Place in baking dish large enough to fit them.
- Return skillet to medium high heat and add remaining oil. Cook pearl onions, stirring for about 2 minutes or until starting to brown. Add tomatoes and remaining Italian seasoning and cook for 2 minutes. Scrape into baking dish. Drizzle vinegar over top and roast in 425 F (220 C) oven for about 15 minutes or until hint of pink remains in pork. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Tip: To help peel the pearl onions, place them in a bowl and pour boiling water over them and let them stand for about 5 minutes before trying to peel them. The skins should just pull right off.
Per 1 person serving
Fat: 13.1 g
Saturated: 4.3 g
Monounsaturated: 6.6 g
Polyunsaturated: 1.0 g
Cholesterol: 67.2 mg
Sodium: 126.4 mg
Carbohydrate: 6.3 g
Fibre: 1.1 g
Protein: 24.3 g